Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally snowshoeing

Even though the temperatures have been very cold here (this morning it was 2 degrees when we got up) Nick and I decided to go snowshoeing. This was the first time we got out this season because it really just started snowing here. That is it started snowing Jan 1 and just recently stopped. Notice that even though it was so cold today Nick and I really didn't dress for it. That's because snowshoeing is WORK, but it is fun too!! I asked Nick to describe today's snowshoeing adventure and he said one word- "Soothing". And it's true- we love using them and just being outside with nature around us. Junior loves going with us too but he is scared of crossing the creek and requiries a lot of encouragement before he will finally go across. We had a great time today and continue to enjoy our snowshoes. Thanks again for my graduation present Tracy and Brian. We love them!

3 comments:

  1. Tammy, seeing you in that picture without a hat on your head made me cold just looking at you!!! It looks like fun though, and yep, good excercise! Are Nick's shoes waterproof?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures, Tam! That looks so fun and not exactly like the work I know it is.

    I didn't realize it was snowing that much there... but now would be the time to be out. Way to go! Thanks for sharing your soothing adventure.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds SO fun, and I'll have to try sometime with you!

    ReplyDelete